Cosmetic pesticides in Manitoba: Education and Action
Cosmetic pesticides pose serious and avoidable risks to human health, especially children’s health. This web site is a resource for citizen education and action on pesticides used on lawns and gardens.
What are the health risks? What is the status of Manitoba’s current law? What are alternatives to the more toxic pesticides? What is happening elsewhere in Canada, USA, Europe?
Learn more and add your voice to help keep our communities safe from non-essential pesticides.
- Municipalities don’t need toxic pesticides, study finds
- Province to weaken pesticide restrictions that protect children’s health
- Health at risk: Pesticide regulators are failing Canadians
- Why it matters – lessons from the life and work of Sandra Madray
- US court rules weed-killer caused California man’s cancer